Alginate dressing is made by special process which connects the alginate extracted from seaweed and calcium ion. Alginate dressing contacts with exudate and forms soft gel to provide ideal moist environment for the wound healing, to promote wound healing and to relieve the wound pain.
1. Alginate dressing is composed of natural seaweed extract and calcium ions, which has good biocompatibility;
2. Alginate dressing can absorb exudate quickly, has good ability to deal with exudate and reduces the times of dressing change;
3. The gel formed after the absorption of exudate can protect the nerve ending, avoid the external stimulation and reduce the pain of the patient;
4. Contact the alginate dressings with the wound and release calcium ions to promote hemostasis;
5. The alginate dressing can fill the wound space easily thanks to its soft texture.
for dealing with seepage and the local hemostasis, including caused by various reasons ulcer, diabetic foot, leg ulcers / aortic ulcer, pressure Injury, postoperative wound, for skin wound, burn; in moderate to severe exudate and sinus lacuna of the wound, Sinus drainage, fat liquefaction of wound, wound abscess, nasal endoscope bronchoscopy after packing, and dressing after anal fistula surgery.
1. The wound should be cleaned by the professional medical personnel;
2. Open the package, take out the dressing and peel the release paper or film;
3. Apply the dressing on the wound and avoid finger contact with the sticky side; Secondary dressings are usually required such as film or non-woven tape to fix;
4. The dressing can be replaced according to the situation of wound surface.
1. Alginate dressing should not be used for dry wound;
2. The width of dressing should be 2cm wider than the width of the wound edge to ensure the effective coverage of the wound;
3. Continuous use for more than thirty days is not recommended ;
4. When the wound exudates reduce, alginate dressing should be replaced by other dressings, such as wound colloid dressing, etc.;
5. Determine the size of the wound and wound depth before using the filler strip; fill the wound bed from the basis of the wound surface to avoid the formation of dead space and affecting the healing.
Medical Device Registration No: Shandong SFDA (Approved) 2013 No. 2640069
Alginate dressing should be stored in cool, dry, ventilated and clean environment with no corrosive gas. The shelf life of product is three years.
cifications are the common specifications. Other specifications can be customized according to user’s requirements and registration specifications.